Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Update on Jeremiah.

His blood-alcohol content was really high. He had gone to bed early (around 7:30) so his dad checked on him because that was odd. A couple hours later, that's when his dad noticed he wasn't breathing. Thus called the ambulance. They were able to resuscitate him and put him on life support but his body gave out.

He flat lined on life support.
Yesterday was an eventful day after school.

Left class early to go to the health department to get checked out. Turned out to be nothing, but it's nice to know that, since I don't have health insurance and no job, I can go there and get the care I need when I need it.

I'm part of a marking and entertainment company my friend Jason started known as Known Entertainment and Known Marketing Group. He had arranged a meeting of people who are both sides to meet face to face and really get an idea of the vision people have both for themselves but for the company.

Jason had sent out a mass text reminding people that we were getting together at Dave and Buster's off I-25 and Colorado. Completely thinking that we were getting together on Friday, I had called him to correct him or ask him if I was in fact confused. I was. He was with Jeremiah, our promotional manager of the group.

That was just yesterday. At the meeting last night, we were joking around about Jeremiah and really talking about phenomenal he was as a promotional guy. He's such a go-getter and puts forth incredible amounts of time and commitment to really getting the brand of "Known" known.

Well, hanging out last night with the new producer of the group, Jason had recieve a phone call from Jeremiah's phone and it wasn't Jeremiah. He was informed that whoever it was on the phone was told to call Jason and tell him that Jeremiah was being rushed to Lutherian Hospital. We hung out for about 10 more minutes before leaving the producer's house and dropping me off at home before Jason headed over to Lutheran.

Jeremiah was on life support and they didn't think he would make it through the night.

At some time this morning, Jeremiah fell asleep and was never to wake up.

I'm still in shock as to how this all happened. I posted a "RIP" status message on Myspace and mutual friend of mine and Jeremiah's sent me a message asking me what happened. She had talked to him just yesterday and he was supposed to go over to her house this afternoon to see her new son.

I have no idea what happened, but it really just goes to show that life is fragile and tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

RIP Jeremiah. You will be missed.
zoom image

I found out that he stopped breathing in his sleep. I don't know if they're looking into exactly why that might have happened.

It's still a little surreal that he's gone. I went to the memorial event that friends had for him, but because I got there so late (I had forgotten that they had moved it to a friend's house in the afternoon, so I didn't get there til almost 11, thinking I was going out to a club), everyone was passed out. LT was up and sober, so we talked a little bit after I signed the card that Jason had made for Jeremiah. On the counter, they had some of Jeremiah's stuff. Apparently, he had a lot of ideas and thoughts written down on pads and pads (legal type) of paper. I'm talking front to back, TONS of just ideas that were going through his head. Incredible stuff.

But it was a good day. I hear the vibe there was still surreal. It was just so sudden, so people are still coming to grips with it, and I don't think anyone has started the grieving process.

But other than that, life is good. I just can't believe how many people have died recently. This is the second friend of mine in a month (maybe a little longer) that passed away unexpectedly.

And I know it won't be the last but it really does go to show that tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

Super heavy blog, I know. But it's what's on my mind.

Muchos besos and God bless!

No comments: