Friday, July 10, 2009

It's incredible how fragile life really is.


Yesterday was an eventful day after school.

Left class early to go to the health department to get checked out. Turned out to be nothing, but it's nice to know that, since I don't have health insurance and no job, I can go there and get the care I need when I need it.

I'm part of a marking and entertainment company my friend Jason started known as Known Entertainment and Known Marketing Group. He had arranged a meeting of people who are both sides to meet face to face and really get an idea of the vision people have both for themselves but for the company.

Jason had sent out a mass text reminding people that we were getting together at Dave and Buster's off I-25 and Colorado. Completely thinking that we were getting together on Friday, I had called him to correct him or ask him if I was in fact confused. I was. He was with Jeremiah, our promotional manager of the group.

That was just yesterday. At the meeting last night, we were joking around about Jeremiah and really talking about phenomenal he was as a promotional guy. He's such a go-getter and puts forth incredible amounts of time and commitment to really getting the brand of "Known" known.

Well, hanging out last night with the new producer of the group, Jason had recieve a phone call from Jeremiah's phone and it wasn't Jeremiah. He was informed that whoever it was on the phone was told to call Jason and tell him that Jeremiah was being rushed to Lutherian Hospital. We hung out for about 10 more minutes before leaving the producer's house and dropping me off at home before Jason headed over to Lutheran.

Jeremiah was on life support and they didn't think he would make it through the night.

At some time this morning, Jeremiah fell asleep and was never to wake up.

I'm still in shock as to how this all happened. I posted a "RIP" status message on Myspace and mutual friend of mine and Jeremiah's sent me a message asking me what happened. She had talked to him just yesterday and he was supposed to go over to her house this afternoon to see her new son.

I have no idea what happened, but it really just goes to show that life is fragile and tomorrow isn't promised to anyone.

RIP Jeremiah. You will be missed.

No comments: