Monday, May 2, 2011

You know...

I'd be better at this blogging thing if blogging were more like social networking, because, holy crap, am I addicted!  Twitter and Facebook get all my attention, really.  Those and SG.

Anyway, not a whole lot is really new.  I was talking to an ex for a little bit.  We're still friends but his girlfriend broke up with him and left him and I allowed that to get my hopes up.

It's funny and a little sad how much I'll allow my hopes to get up just because a small opportunity seems to arise and how much I really am looking forward to not being single anymore.  I'm secure in who I am and I am constantly getting to know myself better every day but I definitely look forward to the day when I partner up with someone and do life together in a committed and loving relationship.

So, I haven't talked to him for about a week now and I think it's for the best.  He needs to know what it's like to be by himself and to be single.  He needs to get in touch with who he is and be comfortable until he jumps into another relationship and, unfortunately, if I were around him too much, I would want to give him comfort and give in if he showed wanting to get back together.  The spark and attraction is still there but I need to stand my ground and continue to stand for what I want in life and he needs to get himself into a healthy place before he goes jumping into another relationship.  I'm a firm believer in getting to know oneself and being comfortable with oneself before jumping into a relationship.  Being single and being comfortable with being single is a HUGE requirement (at least for me) before committing to spend your life with someone... or even casually dating... because if you don't like yourself, how can you possible inflict yourself upon others.  (I read that on Twitter a long time ago and it really resonated with me.)

OK, I've said my piece.

Time to get ready and make some possibilities happen!

Besos!
Aimee

No comments: